I’m sure some of you loathe the rise and grind of the first day of the week. Of the back-to-it-ive-ness of the week.
I love it. Along with mornings. Give me them.
Monday is such a great time to set intentions for the week.
I spent all day yesterday making enormous lists for the week and the month. I made lists for my family, my finances, my business, and my needs.
I completely decluttered my mind, and intentionally created a path to get to where I need to go. And today I will edit and correct course and add new things.
My methods are overkill for some. But for someone who is overwhelmed easily, tends to forget things, and has an inclination for putting my own needs aside, this type of planning is critical.
Important areas of planning:
- Career: To dos, to be’s, to create’s, deadlines, next steps, career forward focus, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year.
- This may all seem like too much, but once it’s decided what needs to be done you are on your way.
- Family: Activities (what up holidays), areas of focus, growth and individual time with children or spouse.
- Social: We all need community
- Learning: Podcasts, books, schedule all of it. And if the books sucks, put it down. No one is grading you and it’s a waste of time.
- Self-care: Working out, eating well, meal planning for your optimal performance in life and planning indulgences because we are human. Taking the time to do the things you need to do to feel like your best self.
The list can go on.
Lack of intention, lack of planning and focus is comparable to letting go of the wheel, seeing where it takes us, and being completely shocked that we ended up in a ditch. I can say this because it something I’ve struggled with for a long time. The effort to get organized, clear and deliberate in all of the areas in my life is worth the time and paper.
Now go make a Pinterest board for Christmas and fill your calendar with not only the things you have to do but the things you get to be and have and experience. Make time available by being deliberate, and cutting out the time wasted on indecision and confusion. Enjoy your life by controlling what you can 🙂
Have a great week!